Both hydraulic and pneumatic seals are used to reciprocate the motion involved in a variety of hydraulic and pneumatic processes. While hydraulic seals are intended for use in hydraulic cylinders and other types of high-pressure dynamic applications, pneumatic seals are used in valves and pneumatic cylinders for applications requiring lower operating pressures.
Certain applications also rely on hydraulic and pneumatic seals to separate fluid and gases, respectively, but both seals are capable of converting fluid power into linear movement. Depending on your specific requirements, you can choose from a variety of hydraulic and pneumatic seals.
Types of Custom Hydraulic Seals and Pneumatic Seals
MSP Seals provides a selection of custom hydraulic and pneumatic seals to meet certain needs, with different types and profiles available. Based on the needs of your application, we offer:
- Rod Wipers: These are hydraulic seals used to prevent fluid or contaminant ingress into the application.
- U-Cups: Many low-pressure systems use U-cup seals and are considered one directional.
- Piston Seals: Pneumatic and hydraulic piston seals can prevent pressurized fluid leakage through the formation of a seal between the piston and cylinder.
- Rod Seals: These are hydraulic seals that can help prevent fluid leakage in hydraulic cylinders at the rod gland.
- V-Packings: V-packings are seals made of several vee rings. They are also compatible with single- and double-acting cylinders, and they are often used with male and female adaptors. One benefit is the field serviceability of this seal.
- Wear Bands & Guide Bands: This type of seal is used to guide piston rods and pistons in cylinders. They act as a bearing service.
- Back-Up Rings: These seals can increase system pressure safety while preventing issues with seal extrusion.
Custom Hydraulic Seals and Pneumatic Seal Products at MSP Seals
Our hydraulic and pneumatic seals are available in any standard size as well as custom sizes ranging from small to large. Depending on your individual requirements, we also offer a variety of custom grease seals, oil seals, shaft seals, mechanical seals, and braided packing for use in hydraulic and pneumatic applications.
- Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (Buna-N and NBR)
- Fluorocarbon (V, FPM, FKM, FFPM, and FFKM)
- Silicone (Si)
- Butyl Rubber (IIR)
- Fluorosilicone (FSi)
- Polyurethane Rubber (EU and AU)
- Chloroprene (CR) / Neoprene
- EPDM (EP)
- Metals including bronze, brass, carbon steel, and stainless steel (304, 316, 316L, and more)
In addition to these materials, you can choose from a number of profiles for your hydraulic or pneumatic seals, including U-cups, rod wipers, back-up rings, V-packings, piston/rod seals, and wear/guide bands. If you require a custom seal that’s compatible with your systems, we have everything you need.
Custom Hydraulic Seals and Pneumatic Seals from MSP Seals
At MSP Seals, we can meet your hydraulic and pneumatic seal needs with top-quality products that are designed and built to last. When you work with MSP Seals, you benefit from our wide selection of custom seals as well as technical and engineering support, domestic supplier ordering, reduced lead times, special packaging and barcoding, and accounting.
For more information, or to get started on your custom hydraulic or pneumatic seal solution, contact us today.